Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering is great for the community, but it is also great for the volunteer!
No albums or photos uploaded yet.
- RSVP Program Benefits
- RSVP offers benefits to the volunteer.
- Volunteering Produces Health Benefits
- New Report Shows Helping Others Improves Your Wellbeing and Longevity
- SHARE IOWA
- The SHARE program is not a part of the RSVP program but by volunteering 2 hours a month, You can take part in SHARE and stretch your food dollars? This program is available to all income levels. Volunteers pick up their packages on an assigned day at a local location, usually a Church or some other public location. For more information, call: SHARE Iowa Office & Distribution Center 1102 South 7th St. P.O. Box 328 Oskaloosa, IA 52577-0328 or visit their on-line site at: http://www.shareiowa.com/index.php?PAGE_ID=2 1-800-344-1107 (641)673-4000
- Did you know that Iowa ranks 2nd in the Nation for volunteering???
- Iowans devoted a total of 109 million hours to volunteering in 2009, an increase of 28 million hours compared to 2007's total. The rise in volunteerism produces an increase of more than $560 million in services to Iowa.