RSVP Program Benefits
Quarterly RSVP Newsletter
- Sent out 4 times per year providing you with the latest information about the program, upcoming events and articles of interest.
- Read our latest newsletter by going back to the RSVP navigation tab and clicking on RSVP Newsletter
Active volunteers are invited to special events at no cost such as:
- Appreciation brunch in the fall, this years will be held at Nob Hill with a western theme! Volunteers and station representatives are invited to this event.
- Picnic We held a May Day Picnic this year. Presidential Volunteer Service Awards were handed out. Volunteers were able to bring a guest for $5.00.
- Volunteer Appreciation Week was held April 27th through May 1st. The theme this year was Volunteers Plant the Seeds of Kindness.
You are making a difference!Volunteering with the RSVP program provides a sense of purpose and satisfaction in knowing that your skills and talents are making a difference in your community.
Supplemental Liability Insurance
Excess Accident Medical Coverage
This coverage is in excess of Medicare, Medicaid, and any other insurance that you have in place. The insurance applies while you are traveling directly to and from, and while you are participating in, volunteer-related activities. This insurance does not duplicate benefits payable under Medicare or any other valid and collectible insurance coverage
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
In addition to the accident medical coverage, the underwriter will pay benefits for death or loss of limb or sight, occurring within one year as a result of a covered accident. You will be asked to designate a beneficiary for this purpose.
Excess Volunteer Liability Insurance
All registered volunteers (collectively) of an organization are provided with excess volunteer liability insurance. This provides protection if you are liable for bodily injury or property damage arising out of the performance of your duties. This coverage is in excess of and noncontributing with any other valid and collectible insurance you may have.
Excess Automobile Liability Insurance
This coverage provides an extra layer of protection for you as a registered volunteer driver while performing your duties. This insurance applies only after your own insurance is exhausted. You are protected for bodily injury or property damage claims arising out of your activities (including driving directly between your home and your workstation).
It is important to remember that you must maintain your own auto liability coverage at least equal to the state-required minimums. This coverage does not apply to any damage to your vehicle.