Corporation for National and Community Service
Corporation for National & Community Service
- Established in 1993
- Provides more than a million Americans opportunities to improve communities through service
- Corporation supports the National Senior Service Corps
Tapping the Rich Experience, Skills, and Talents of the 55+ Population
Through grants and other resources—including the energy and efforts of
citizens age 55 and over—Senior Corps helps meet the needs and challenges of
America’s communities. Grants administered through Senior Corps provide funding
for three special programs:
- Foster Grandparents connects volunteers age
60 and over with children and young people with exceptional needs. This program is not available in Northeast Iowa.
- The Senior Companion Program brings
together volunteers age 60 and over with adults in their community who have
difficulty with the simple tasks of day-to-day living. This program is not available in Northeast Iowa.
- RSVP offers "one stop shopping" for all volunteers 55 and over who want to find challenging, rewarding, and significant service opportunities in their local communities.
If you would like to learn more about the Corporation for National and Community Service, click below on 'more information'. Please be aware that by doing so, you will be taken away from the RSVP and Decorah Public Library web page.
More information on the Corporation for National & Community Service