This page will be updated regularly to advertise new volunteer requests that come in - check it often.
No albums or photos uploaded yet.
- Volunteer in the Classroom
- Sign up now to volunteer at a school near you!
- Enjoy spending time visiting with a nursing home resident
- Nursing home residents enjoy having someone to visit with on a regular basis! Volunteers are also needed to help with special activities at the homes.
- Canteen Assistants for blood drive
- The Blood Center of Iowa needs volunteers at various locations throughout Northeast Iowa.
- Head Start and Pre-school Classroom Helpers
- Have a great time reading to children or engaging them in teacher directed activities! Volunteers are needed in Calmar, Cresco, Decorah, Ossian and Postville.
- Thunder Rode Therapeutic Riding
- Lead or walk along side a horse to assist rider with special needs. There is also a need for volunteers to help with clerical duties.
- Decorah Reads! Needs Volunteers
- Students choose a fiction book to read and adult volunteers find their student match by selecting a book from the students' list of titles. As a pair, the volunteer and student both read the book and meet three times to discuss it.
- Be a Friend...Be a Mentor!
- Adults are needed to be mentors to youth in Allamakee, Howard and Winneshiek Counties
- Tax Preparer - no previous experience necessary
- Help low to middle income and elderly file their income tax return at no charge to the client! Volunteers are especially needed in Cresco, Waukon and Postville.
- Deliver meals to the homebound
- Bring sunshine and a meal to people who are confined to their home!
- Decorah Community Schools needs volunteers in the schools
- Teachers at the Decorah Community Schools have requested volunteers to assist with one on one activities with students! You do not need to have an educational background, just the desire to help a child succeed in school. The positions are flexible and can be set to fit your schedule.
- Volunteer at a food pantry near you!
- Food pantries in the tri-county area of Allamakee, Howard and Winneshiek Counties serve people in need by providing food packages - they can use your help!