What is Friends?
FRIENDS was created to be a support organization for the Decorah Public Library. FRIENDS helps raise the awareness of the Library in the community, and supports and sponsors many programs within the Library as well as doing work 'behind the scenes' to help make the Library a facility relevant to all the residents of the greater Decorah area.
Why join Friends?
- Stay informed through a quarterly newsletter
- Engage in fundraising for Library needs
- Enhance and support the efforts of Library personnel and volunteers
- Promote the Library through special events
Did you know...
- FRIENDS funds are derived by memberships, memorials, and gifts
- FRIENDS purchase furniture and equipment for the Library
- FRIENDS recently purchased over 600 new books for the Library collection
Board of Directors
PRESIDENT: Jane Kemp
VICE-PRESIDENT: Cynthia Peterson
TREASURER: Marilyn Newhouse
BOARD MEMBERS: Jud Barclay, Carol Gaard, Mark Ruen, Jim Womeldorf, Kelly Coppola
PAST PRESIDENT, EX OFICIO: Kris Peterson
LIBRARY BOARD LIAISON: Pat McClure Anderson
Mission Statement: It is the purpose of the Friends of the Library to promote and enhance the Decorah Public Library and its programs for the leisure, entertainment and personal life-long learning of the citizens of Decorah and greater Winneshiek County.