What is Friends?
FRIENDS was created to be a support organization for the Decorah Public Library. FRIENDS helps raise the awareness of the Library in the community, and supports and sponsors many programs within the Library as well as doing work 'behind the scenes' to help make the Library a facility relevant to all the residents of the greater Decorah area.
Why join Friends?
- Stay informed through a quarterly newsletter
- Engage in fundraising for Library needs
- Enhance and support the efforts of Library personnel and volunteers
- Promote the Library through special events
Did you know...
- FRIENDS funds are derived by memberships, memorials, and gifts
- FRIENDS purchase furniture and equipment for the Library
- FRIENDS recently purchased over 600 new books for the Library collection
New furniture in the "postal room" at the Decorah Public Library was donated in part by the Friends. Visit this cozy space which tells the story of this historic library building and try out the comfortable chairs!
Monday Club Donation
The Monday Club recently presented the Friends of Decorah Public Library with a $2,200 donation. The Monday Club has been a staunch supporter of the Decorah Public Library for over fifty years. Pictured are Monday Club President Barbara Amundson, Friends of Decorah Public Library President Jane Kemp, and Decorah Public Library Director Kristin Torresdal.
Board of Directors
PRESIDENT: Jane Kemp
VICE-PRESIDENT: Cynthia Peterson
SECRETARY: Karla Brown
TREASURER: Carolyn Mottley
BOARD MEMBERS: Jud Barclay, Kathy Johnson, Mark Ruen, Jim Womeldorf, Kelly Coppola
PAST PRESIDENT, EX OFICIO: Kris Peterson
LIBRARY BOARD LIAISON: Ed Brooks
Mission Statement: It is the purpose of the Friends of the Library to promote and enhance the Decorah Public Library and its programs for the leisure, entertainment and personal life-long learning of the citizens of Decorah and greater Winneshiek County.
Contact Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org